Go Back   General Nonsense Forums > Multimedia > Music > Rock & Metal

Old 03-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #26
razaron

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,590 Posts
Dislikes: 68
Disliked 80 Times in 70 Posts
lol,
Quote:
"Mein Teil" (German: "My part") is the first single by the German industrial metal band Rammstein from their fourth album Reise, Reise. The song is inspired by the case of Armin Meiwes and Bernd Jürgen Armando Brandes. In March 2001, in Rotenburg an der Fulda, the two men aged in their 40s met each other, cut off and cooked Brandes' penis and consumed it together. Afterwards, Meiwes killed Brandes—with Brandes' consent—and ate his remains. As a result, Meiwes was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in jail for manslaughter, but was later charged with murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. A prominent phrase in the song is "Denn du bist was du isst und ihr wisst was es ist" ("Because you are what you eat and you (plural) know what it is").
I like to play a different kind of offense. -twilyth
Quote:
It's not sodomy if you only put it in a little bit. -twilyth
Quote:
You'd have to do it consistently for about a week to force the body to adjust. -FordGT90Concept
razaron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to razaron For This Useful Post:
theJesus (03-11-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #27
noangel1987

Thanked 2,534 Times in 864 Posts
Dislikes: 0
Disliked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razaron View Post
lol,
lol I knew someone was gonna catch that
noangel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #28
razaron

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,590 Posts
Dislikes: 68
Disliked 80 Times in 70 Posts
I like Rammstein, they appear to have my sense of humour. Watch the video for Mann Gegen Mann*, you'll end up doing the Badum-tss sound in your head.

*It's a pun. It can be read as man against man or man gay for man.
I like to play a different kind of offense. -twilyth
Quote:
It's not sodomy if you only put it in a little bit. -twilyth
Quote:
You'd have to do it consistently for about a week to force the body to adjust. -FordGT90Concept
razaron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to razaron For This Useful Post:
theJesus (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #29
Jaydenz

Thanked 1,287 Times in 838 Posts
Dislikes: 16
Disliked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJesus View Post
What? I didn't use Google; those are all from my library. That's not even including all the shit I've downloaded over the past couple years and haven't bothered adding to my library.
Totally epic collection dude! My collection is probably that big but that includes every genre, even stuff I listened to when I was younger like Justin Bieber and Kicking Daisies... The only metal bands I've heard in that list are Amon Amarth, ... And Oceans (now Havoc Unit), Apocalyptica (once), Bathory, Behemoth, Burzum, Cavity, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Dethklok, Devin Townsend, Dream Theatre, Genghis Tron, HIM (Infernal Majesty), KDMDM (ftw!), Korpiklaani, Machine Head, Metallica, Napalm Death, Opeth, Rammstein, Slayer, Sonata Arctica, Strapping Young Lads (Townsends band), Sun O))), Taake, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Type O Negative, Vader, and Within Temptation. Those bands are really cool but there are some I'm not all over like Dethklok, Dream Theatre, and Within Temptation. I just can't get all over metal and cellos, lol.

I think I heard a track by Black Sabbath too last summer. Brandenburgs not the only one that wants me to check out older metal bands, lol. There were some others too and Marilyn Manson. I'll be doing a ton of youtubing for those.

Btw, Burzum's new album, Umkiptar drops on May 29th. HIM is working on something too. Ville said the new HIM album will be out this fall on the Rise Above label! Korpilaani is in the studio working on Kunnia and that should drop this year on Nuclear Blast Records label. The new single Metsalle will be on it. Also Sonata Arctica's new album, Stones Grow Her Name drops May 22nd! and KMFDM ftw!
Shadows Fall is in the studio working on their new 2012 album, Fire From The Sky and Municipal Waste's new album, The Fatal Feast, drops April 10th! The new Meshuggah album, Koloss, drops March 23rd and the new Janus album, Nox Aeris, drops 4 days after that!

I had a chance last winter to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but fail. The trip got cancelled by some weird Christmas show.

A few more metal bands that haven't been listed and I think really own.
Btw, even Pendulum is starting to sound metal with their new album Immersion. I think Senses Fail is getting more into a metal sound too after hearing The Fire. The Polar Bear Club isn't listed as metal but they sound a lot like 5 Finger Death Punch.
Lamb of God. I like their new album, Resolution.
Sky Eats Airplane
Dark Castle
Municipal Waste
In Flames
Sonic Syndicate
Of Mice and Men
The Devil Wears Prada
Hail!Hornet
Eighteen Visions
Meshuggah
In This Moment
Janus
Thy Light

There's only a few tracks I like by Devil Wears Prada and I don't have a clue what happened with SEA after their Symmetry EP. Also, Thy Light sounds a lot like Coldworld and he's a one-man band but the sound is awesome!
Jaydenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaydenz For This Useful Post:
theJesus (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #30
theJesus
I mod in the nude

Thanked 11,000 Times in 6,781 Posts
Dislikes: 469
Disliked 225 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydenz View Post
Totally epic collection dude! My collection is probably that big but that includes every genre
My collection includes all sorts of stuff as well; I had to manually filter everything to make that list.

"OMG the chair I'm sitting on! It has a penus!! " - Black Panther

"Signatures should not contain quotes. It makes no sense." - DanTheBanjoman

I doesnt afraid of anything!

I hate everybody and everything.
theJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theJesus For This Useful Post:
Jaydenz (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #31
Jaydenz

Thanked 1,287 Times in 838 Posts
Dislikes: 16
Disliked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJesus View Post
My collection includes all sorts of stuff as well; I had to manually filter everything to make that list.
Yeah I've seen you posting that you like trance and if you like that much metal too then you probably like a lot of other genres. I'm getting your list for your whole collection is probably massive!
My collection is really random (some on CD's, on my media player, on my pc, and stuff) and I like a lot of genres. I've never tried to list it before but I think I'll try. I really need to get more organized, lol.

One metal band I forgot is Seventh Void. Hickey and Kelly from Type O Negative play in that band.
Jaydenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #32
Screaming Beaver

Thanked 2,527 Times in 1,367 Posts
Dislikes: 96
Disliked 61 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
most awesome group i have heard here lately is Monster Magnet.. im a bit late to the party i think but they kick ass

bands i like.. Alot are 80's bands.. IMO.. thats when metal was king.. now.. its too many sub genre's and seems very diluted
metallica (1984-91)
megadeth (1985-93)
Iron Maiden (1978-87)
Slayer
Warlock
W.A.S.P
Twisted Sister
Static-X
Black n Blue
Diamond Head
Anthrax
Misfits
Pennywise
Disturbed
Dio (1st 3 albums)
Grim Reaper
Helloween
Five Finger Death Punch
Judas Priest
Ozzy
Mötley Crüe
MotorHead
Danzig
Death Angel
Dead Horse
My metal list is rather small in comparison nevermind that huge logdump TheJesus put up

Metallica (up to the Black album)
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Def Leppard
KMFDM
Black Sabbath
Motley Crue
Disturbed
Nightwish
Tool
Rage Against the Machine
Korn (for those who think they are metal anyway)

have a few songs by Motorhead, Static X, Twisted Sister, Sammy Hagar, Anthrax, Ratt, Dio, P.O.D., Slayer, Rammstein, Pantera, Whitesnake, Megadeth, White Zombie

also trying to decide if Dream Theater is worthy of making my list, only heard one of their albums so far
...In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.

Last edited by Screaming Beaver; 03-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Screaming Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote