General Nonsense Forums  

Go Back   General Nonsense Forums > General > Politics, Drugs & Firearms

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #101
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Audits only reveal what is reported. Unless you invest substantial resources, fraud stays below the RADAR. In short, it only catches the honest people that made a mistake.
That's bullshit. You have no authority for that as usual and once again you show yourself completely incapable of engaging in an intelligent debate.

Observe: Tax compliance is approximately 86% since 2001.
And that was with relatively lax enforcement. Small increases in enforcement increase the odds of being caught and therefore most cheaters will play by the rules. Show me statistics that prove otherwise or STFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Pretty much every male in this area is a farmer and/or hunts for recreation. People with guns tend to police themselves. At bare minimum, there is a mutual understanding: don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you.

Most of our crime stems from external threats that found their way here like drugs (meth labs were popular until Mexican drug cartels started invading the national parks) and what looks like to me as illegal immigrants partaking in illegal behavior (too tired to remember all the charges but several of them shocked me). There's a few domestic disputes, arsen, robbery, etc. but it isn't very often you hear about the police ending a situation. It's long over before they show up. We got plenty of police too. It's just the mentality we rural folk have that you urban folk lost--a sense of pride in individuality and self-reliance.
AAre you being intentionally thick? Is it really possible that the patently obvious point that the mere threat of arrest and prosecution is enough to cow most people really that hard for you to grasp?

I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about your rural garden of eden. The reason you don't need cops everywhere are the same in your shit kicking town as they are everywhere else. I almost never see a cop, but people don't hunt around here, they don't carry guns, there are no meth labs, etc. But we have no sense of metropolitan NY suburban spooge, or whatever. And yet, tranquility reigns. Another mystery.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
How is yours? Do you like paying into Social Security and getting less money back than you put in (it was about 90% last time I checked)? It's a failed institution that is dragging the rest of the country down with it. Time to take Old Yeller back behind the barn and put a bullet through his diseased brain.

Mine is as relevant as yours. Maybe you do understand. I didn't like it when I had to do it, but I understood the necessity and the people it benefited - because I used to be one of them. I wasn't always well off. When I was growing up, we lived off of my dad's VA benefits and SS. I lived with my mom, grams and gramps. Grams worked in a sweat shop until she retired. Gramps was retired and much older but was an excellent chef and still did some part time work. Without those benefits and without the financial discipline that was SOP in my house, I wouldn't have been able to go to college or grad school. So don't talk to me about SS recipients being dead beats. I went on to accomplish more and earn more than you will in your entire life and my disabilities are probably a lot more severe than yours. So basically - suck it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
All taxes are bad. They always hurt someone and someone else always skates by without paying a dime. There is no ideal solution to the problem. Probably why the 16th amendment didn't exist until the 20th century. My, my, my, how did we last over 100 years without it?
If you'd read the definition, you'd understand why regressive taxes are unfair. If you can't be bothered, neither can I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Good for them. Doesn't change the fact the government is playing fucking Robin Hood. If you shoot yourself in the foot, why is it anyone's responibility except your own to fix it or die trying? The welfare state is strong in this one.
Then let's make drugs legal as long as you use them in privacy of your own home. If you kill yourself, it's your own damn fault. I can work with that logic. No problem

Last edited by twilyth; 05-04-2012 at 07:00 AM.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twilyth For This Useful Post:
Brandenburg (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #102
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
That's bullshit. You have no authority for that as usual and once again you show yourself completely incapable of engaging in an intelligent debate.

Observe: Tax compliance is approximately 86% since 2001.
And that was with relatively lax enforcement. Small increases in enforcement increase the odds of being caught and therefore most cheaters will play by the rules. Show me statistics that prove otherwise or STFU.
They are taking guesstimates for "nonfilers." They have little real data to base those estimates on. The fact they didn't change at all between 2001 and 2006 (supposedly because they changed "tax calculators") proves they don't have a clue because the illegal population definitely went up in that period anywhere from 2.7-12.2% (3 million or more).


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
AAre you being intentionally thick? Is it really possible that the patently obvious point that the mere threat of arrest and prosecution is enough to cow most people really that hard for you to grasp?
Every crime that was ever commited, the "threat of arrest and prosecution" didn't out weigh the potential reward or else the crime wouldn't have happened in the first place. Illogical. Yes, some criminals are patently illogical but most aren't. They're down on their luck or simply trying to cheat their way to the "American Dream."


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about your rural garden of eden. The reason you don't need cops everywhere are the same in your shit kicking town as they are everywhere else. I almost never see a cop, but people don't hunt around here, they don't carry guns, there are no meth labs, etc. But we have no sense of metropolitan NY suburban spooge, or whatever. And yet, tranquility reigns. Another mystery.
2nd amendment applies to New Jersey just like everywhere else. They're most likely packing concealed carry weapons though, unlike here where they have rifle and shotgun cases in their pickups.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post

Mine is as relevant as yours. Maybe you do understand. I didn't like it when I had to do it, but I understood the necessity and the people it benefited - because I used to be one of them. I wasn't always well off. When I was growing up, we lived off of my dad's VA benefits and SS. I lived with my mom, grams and gramps. Grams worked in a sweat shop until she retired. Gramps was retired and much older but was an excellent chef and still did some part time work. Without those benefits and without the financial discipline that was SOP in my house, I wouldn't have been able to go to college or grad school. So don't talk to me about SS recipients being dead beats. I went on to accomplish more and earn more than you will in your entire life and my disabilities are probably a lot more severe than yours. So basically - suck it.
Did I say anything about Social Security recipients being dead beats? No, that is your fabrication. I said Social Security is broken and that is an undeniable fact. It's returns on investments do not beat market averages. In terms of disability, it was meant to be a temporary solution but because of the disconnect between those paying the checks and those reciving the checks, there is a complete lack of encouragement and assessment determining if there's a better way to rehabilitate and/or if it is time to remove or lessen payments (the Heritage study covers this). Not to mention blatant fraud where people that have no disabilities what-so-ever are drawing on disabilities. The list goes on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
If you'd read the definition, you'd understand why regressive taxes are unfair. If you can't be bothered, neither can I. http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/2659053d.gif
Depends on how you measure fairness. We've already been over that. Not to mention, I agreed with you that it is a less-than-ideal solution but so is everything else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
Then let's make drugs legal as long as you use them in privacy of your own home. If you kill yourself, it's your own damn fault. I can work with that logic. No problem
No complaints from me there. Just make sure they aren't tainted otherwise lawsuits shall fly.


And WTF is with messing with font, color, and size? Keep that up and I might be arsed with making me a BB code stripper.
__________________
You are here.

Last edited by FordGT90Concept; 05-04-2012 at 08:07 AM.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #103
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
They are taking guesstimates for "nonfilers." They have little real data to base those estimates on. The fact they didn't change at all between 2001 and 2006 (supposedly because they changed "tax calculators") proves they don't have a clue because the illegal population definitely went up in that period anywhere from 2.7-12.2% (3 million or more).

God, you are so full of shit. How do you have the unmitigated gall to pull this shit literally, out of your ass and present it as valid, verified data? I hope you realize that makes you a liar. It’s one thing to just make something up for shits and grins, but you seem to this consistently and repeatedly. Do you feel compelled to lie over and over and over, because if so, you need to get help. Do you realize you’re doing this? I can’t see how you wouldn’t. But if not, what goes through your head when you make these things up. Because there is no doubt that they are clearly fabricated.

The reason I know is that unlike you, I’ve actually read their paper on the methodology used for the study. You obviously, and I do mean, oh so painfully obviously – DID NOT. Why don’t you click on it and give it a shot now?

If you were trying to imply the study is flawed because it didn’t count illegal immigrants, then . . . fuck, I don’t think I can type a civil response to such stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Every crime that was ever commited, the "threat of arrest and prosecution" didn't out weigh the potential reward or else the crime wouldn't have happened in the first place. Illogical. Yes, some criminals are patently illogical but most aren't. They're down on their luck or simply trying to cheat their way to the "American Dream."

I never said deterrence would be perfect. What I said was that it would be an efficient tool for the implementation of public policy. You’ve provide no data and certainly no cogent argument that would force a contrary conclusion. I’m sure in your own mind however, you reign victorious. Enjoy your imaginary victory. It would seem you’re also very good at lying to yourself. But then that’s usually how that particular pathology plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
2nd amendment applies to New Jersey just like everywhere else. They're most likely packing concealed carry weapons though, unlike here where they have rifle and shotgun cases in their pickups.

No, most people here are afraid of guns. Every single time I’ve tried to talk to someone at work about firearms, 9 times out of 10, I scared the shit out of them. That’s why I liked working with ex-mil guys. They knew their shit and kept it real plus I could talk about anything with them and they were cool. Most people here are pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Did I say anything about Social Security recipients being dead beats? No, that is your fabrication.

The implication was unmistakably clear. I’m not going to do each quote individually. They’re clearly separated though. Our readers can be the judge. You clearly believe that anyone receiving govt benefits is nothing but a drain on our financial resources. I mean in the first quote below, you say that the amendment that allowed the creation of the SSA was the greatest offense against the constitution. This is followed by the second and third greatest offenses – social security and Medicare. If you don’t even think these social programs should exist, how is that NOT an expression of your opinion regarding the people who receive benefits from them? I’d really like to know.
Quote:
Got to go back farther than that. The largest offense to the Constitution was done in 1913 where the amended it to allow direct taxation on the people. This allowed the second largest offense: creation of the Social Security Administration. And the third largest offense: creation of Medicare.
Quote:
================================================== =============
The "poor" pay no taxes except on consumption. How is that fair to everyone else? The "poor" also cost the most to the state. By not taxing them fairly, you promote the welfare state.
================================================== =============

Depends on how "poor" we're talking about. When I said poor, I meant people on welfare. They are unemployed so they don't pay into Medicare nor Social Security; moreover, they draw on Medicaid and Social Security. They likely don't have a vehicle, don't own property, don't directly pay property tax (because of Social Security), and environmental taxes vary greatly between locales. The only time they are taxed is when they buy goods and taxable foods.

You're describing people that are above that benchmark which is remarkably high:
HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt

Welcome to the United Welfare States of America

================================================== =============
FEULNER: A nation of takers
67.3 / 312.8 = 21.5% of the population receives government aid as of 2012.
By my definition, that makes 21.5% of the population "poor."
We have an epidemic in the USA and it is surfacing as a debt problem. If we don't change our trajectory, you're living in the modern interpretation of Rome
================================================== =============

Progressive tax rate doesn't fix the issue of increasing dependency. Give it another 100 years and I bet more people will be dependent on government aid than working--completely unsustainable.

Oh, and taxing more also slows the economy which means more permanently unemployed people dependent on the government.Simply put, taxing more doesn't pass the logical test: it's lose-lose.
//////////////////////////////////////
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
I said Social Security is broken and that is an undeniable fact. It's returns on investments do not beat market averages. In terms of disability, it was meant to be a temporary solution but because of the disconnect between those paying the checks and those reciving the checks, there is a complete lack of encouragement and assessment determining if there's a better way to rehabilitate and/or if it is time to remove or lessen payments (the Heritage study covers this). Not to mention blatant fraud where people that have no disabilities what-so-ever are drawing on disabilities. The list goes on.
Again, bullshit. I actually know people receiving disability. They get evaluated every 1-2 years. Plus, there are a variety of programs that encourage them to return to work. There is vocational training. I know one woman who was trained to be a medical billing coder for example. My old gf was in the “ticket to work” program, which lets you earn money up to a certain annual amount without a complete loss of benefits. I forget how it works but it’s something like, earn $2, lose $1 in benefits.

What your tiny, microscopic mind can’t understand is that disabled people, and yes, even people with psych disabilities WANT to work and WANT to be productive. They don’t want to sit on their ass all day playing video games, drinking mountain dew and posting on internet forums. Maybe you're projecting a bit too much of yourself there Ford. Whaddya think?

Last edited by twilyth; 05-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #104
yogurt_21
Senior Member
 
yogurt_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 4,098
Thanks: 9,695
Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,348 Posts
Dislikes: 88
Disliked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Depends on how "poor" we're talking about. When I said poor, I meant people on welfare. They are unemployed so they don't pay into Medicare nor Social Security; moreover, they draw on Medicaid and Social Security. They likely don't have a vehicle, don't own property, don't directly pay property tax (because of Social Security), and environmental taxes vary greatly between locales. The only time they are taxed is when they buy goods and taxable foods.

You're describing people that are above that benchmark which is remarkably high:
HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt

Welcome to the United Welfare States of America.
moronic post half of america is not on welfare.

Seriously.
__________________
1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
yogurt_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yogurt_21 For This Useful Post:
twilyth (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #105
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
The reason I know is that unlike you, I’ve actually read their paper on the methodology used for the study. You obviously, and I do mean, oh so painfully obviously – DID NOT. Why don’t you click on it and give it a shot now?
That's exactly what I was looking at when I authored my post (section B, page 4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
If you were trying to imply the study is flawed because it didn’t count illegal immigrants, then . . . fuck, I don’t think I can type a civil response to such stupidity.
Illegals, along with other "non-filer" demographics, work but don't pay taxes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
I never said deterrence would be perfect. What I said was that it would be an efficient tool for the implementation of public policy. You’ve provide no data and certainly no cogent argument that would force a contrary conclusion.
The IRS performs over 1 million audits a year, the link you gave is a sample of only 14,000 of those picked randomly. The IRS doesn't say how much those audits cost. The agency costs $12.3 billion dollars annually.

What specific public policy was implemented efficiently through the IRS and did those policies have the desired effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
If you don’t even think these social programs should exist, how is that NOT an expression of your opinion regarding the people who receive benefits from them? I’d really like to know.
It isn't the people's fault the government made them dependent on government programs. It is the government's fault. They knew that's exactly what they were doing when they authored those programs. It is time to "fix" them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
//////////////////////////////////////
Back to arguming sementics again? Pass.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
Again, bullshit. I actually know people receiving disability. They get evaluated every 1-2 years. Plus, there are a variety of programs that encourage them to return to work. There is vocational training. I know one woman who was trained to be a medical billing coder for example. My old gf was in the “ticket to work” program, which lets you earn money up to a certain annual amount without a complete loss of benefits. I forget how it works but it’s something like, earn $2, lose $1 in benefits.
You're not telling me anything I don't already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
What your tiny, microscopic mind can’t understand is that disabled people, and yes, even people with psych disabilities WANT to work and WANT to be productive. They don’t want to sit on their ass all day playing video games, drinking mountain dew and posting on internet forums. Maybe you're projecting a bit too much of yourself there Ford. Whaddya think?
There's some that "WANT to be productive" and some that clearly do not. The Social Secuirty Administration is doing a horrible job at weeding the later population out of the system.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt_21 View Post
moronic post half of america is not on welfare.

Seriously.
Read what it says more carefully: HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt
__________________
You are here.

Last edited by FordGT90Concept; 05-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #106
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
It is my humble opinion that you do not simply "make shit up". It is my non-professional opinion, that you are a pathological liar who will say anything as long as it satisfies some need or compulsion and that you have no remorse or shame or sense of guilt even when multiple, serial fabrications are convincingly demonstrated. For example, see anon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
That's exactly what I was looking at when I authored my post.
Really - quote me the section of the methodology that supports your previous statements.

Let me predict what will happen. You will either say you don't have to prove anything to me, or it's a waste of your time or it was implied from the report as a whole, etc. In other words. We both know that you're lying but you really believe that you can make up some lame ass excuse and the people here are stupid enough to believe it. Well, guess what. We're not as stupid as we think you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Illegals, along with other "non-filer" demographics, work but don't pay taxes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
The IRS performs over 1 million audits a year, the link you gave is a sample of only 14,000 of those picked randomly. The IRS doesn't say how much those audits cost. The agency costs $12.3 billion dollars annually.
Let me introduce you to the concept of a confidence interval. I know the link is wasted on you, but it might be of interest to others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
What specific public policy was implemented efficiently through the IRS and did those policies have the desired effects?
LOL, nice try. You just want to see if you can get me to spend a half hour typing. Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
It isn't the people's fault the government made them dependent on government programs. It is the government's fault. They knew that's exactly what they were doing when they authored those programs. It is time to "fix" them.
Just like it's not your fault your you're incapable of actually doing anything productive with your life. I know. It sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
You're not telling me anything I don't already know.
Anything I tell you is something you don't know.

Last edited by twilyth; 05-04-2012 at 03:58 PM.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #107
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
Really - quote me the section of the methodology that supports your previous statements.
Section B, page 4. Notice that it doesn't say.

See page 8 (15 on page):
http://www.bea.gov/scb/pdf/2012/02%2...iscrepancy.pdf
There are a lot of assumptions and admitence of low-reliability in there.


I can't find any information on how many people the IRS believes are not filing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
LOL, nice try. You just want to see if you can get me to spend a half hour typing. Bite me.
That's what I thought.
__________________
You are here.

Last edited by FordGT90Concept; 05-04-2012 at 03:52 PM.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #108
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Section B, page 4. Notice that it doesn't say.

Uh huh. Doesn't say . . . what - pray tell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
That's what I thought.
LOL. It simply isn't possible for you to be any more entertaining ford. It's just like playing whack a mole.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #109
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Section B, page 4. Notice that it doesn't say.

See page 8 (15 on page):
http://www.bea.gov/scb/pdf/2012/02%2...iscrepancy.pdf
There are a lot of assumptions and admitence of low-reliability in there.


I can't find any information on how many people the IRS believes are not filing.



That's what I thought.
Doesn't matter. You've already proved both of my points and since I've been up all night, you're starting to bore me.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #110
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
Uh huh. Doesn't say . . . what - pray tell?
Any details, hence the second link which is still limited on details. It confirmed what I said that it relies on assumptions with far reaching consequences. Neither documents discuss non-filer data in detail as as far as I can tell, no such document exists.

Do you honestly believe there's only $25 billion worth in non-filing owed taxes? I certainly don't. That accounts for less than 1% of all taxes collected and I know far more than 1% of the population doesn't file. Illegals alone make up about 4.5% of the population. What of all the teens that don't file? What of the criminals that don't file? What of the people on Social Security that don't file but still do jobs on the side?

Only 152 million file out of 313 million. Yes, I know about dependecies and other people that legally don't need to file.

That number is extremely low and it shouldn't be.
__________________
You are here.

Last edited by FordGT90Concept; 05-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #111
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
Any details, hence the second link which is still limited on details. It confirmed what I said that it relies on assumptions with far reaching consequences. Neither documents discuss non-filer data in detail as as far as I can tell, no such document exists.

Do you honestly believe there's only $25 billion worth in non-filing owed taxes? I certainly don't. That accounts for less than 1% of all taxes collected and I know far more than 1% of the population doesn't file. Illegals alone make up about 4.5% of the population. What of all the teens that don't file? What of the criminals that don't file? What of the people on Social Security that don't file but still do jobs on the side?

That number is extremely low and it shouldn't be.
Bullshit - quote the relevant sections or shut the fuck up. Do you really think I a) believe you even looked at that link and b) can quote a single sentence that's relevant.

You've been exposed for the fraud that you are. I have done it time and time again. No one takes you seriously. This image you have of yourself as being the wise poobah . . . dude . . . it's all in your head, and I really think you need to get some help. Seriously. This isn't just a troll. I mean, yes, I am in fact dissing you, but that doesn't make it any less true. See a professional. I have an excuse for being here 24/7. AFAIK, you don't.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #112
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Given the patchwork of misreporting source data and the age of some misreporting source data, BEA considers the misreporting adjustments to be of relatively low reliability for assessing year-to-year changes.

...

Confronted with this uncertainty, the effect of both procyclical and countercyclical misreporting are assumed in simulating the effect on the statistical discrepancy for the most recent recession. In order to simulate the change in the statistical discrepancy in the case of countercyclicality, we assume a 10 percent
increase in annual misreporting for 2008.
You do know that I ignore all your attacks/excuses, don't you? You're wasting your time typing them.
__________________
You are here.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #113
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
You do know that I ignore all your attacks/excuses, don't you? You're wasting your time typing them.
You keep telling yourself that. You're so completely lost, you have no idea what's going on even inside your own head. I really hope for your sake that there's an easy way for you to find out that I speak the truth.

I'm not optimistic.
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #114
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
I should be hitting your no thanks button for every insult you flung but, truth be told, I can't be arsed. Since you obviously would rather insult me than continue the discussion (how all these end, it seems), there's no point in me investing any more time in this thread.
__________________
You are here.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #115
yogurt_21
Senior Member
 
yogurt_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 4,098
Thanks: 9,695
Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,348 Posts
Dislikes: 88
Disliked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post

Read what it says more carefully: HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling government debt
again they do, just like everyone who has an income pays taxes on it. SS, FICA, and medicare are taxed on INCOME it just doesn't fall under the standard federal income tax. Which is why the article is mostly useless. It draws the wrong conclusions from the data. Another reason why only experts should analyze and report on it.

secondly that stat is a commentary more on our poor wages per cost of living than on our tax system. Think about how low of an income you have to have to not owe federal income tax to the govt. I list fricken 6 exemptions and I still pay a hefty amount of federal income tax. I know several people who make sub 24k a year with 3 exemptions and still pay federal income tax. Seriously think about how low the bar is set if truly half of all working americans who file taxes (another thing they left out in that article, the focus group is smaller than the country population) don't pay any federal income tax. "I'm sorry grandma but your fixed income of 10k a year is about to take a major hit cause ford thinks you aren't paying your due"
__________________
1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
yogurt_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #116
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGT90Concept View Post
I should be hitting your no thanks button for every insult you flung but, truth be told, I can't be arsed. Since you obviously would rather insult me than continue the discussion (how all these end, it seems), there's no point in me investing any more time in this thread.

You flatter yourself - as usual. Review my posts and yours. This was never a discussion except on my part.


Your estimation of your own intelligence, knowledge, etc, . . . IDK . . . words fail me. I think you probably believe you could debate Steven Hawking, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Pope Benedict a few Nobel Laurates and a couple Fields Medal (look it up) winners - simultaneously no less - and they would all walk away in awe of you. And I'm absolutely certain that you believe that.

So you see, I've have finally come to the realization that you probably regard my insults as an expression of envy and jealous, because obviously who wouldn't envy you and be jealous of your enormous intellect - as so forcefully and powerfully demonstrated in this thread.

Right? Am I close?
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #117
FordGT90Concept
Senior Member
 
FordGT90Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: IA, USA
Posts: 23,395
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 7,874 Times in 5,238 Posts
Dislikes: 164
Disliked 206 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt_21 View Post
again they do, just like everyone who has an income pays taxes on it. SS, FICA, and medicare are taxed on INCOME it just doesn't fall under the standard federal income tax. Which is why the article is mostly useless. It draws the wrong conclusions from the data. Another reason why only experts should analyze and report on it.

secondly that stat is a commentary more on our poor wages per cost of living than on our tax system. Think about how low of an income you have to have to not owe federal income tax to the govt. I list fricken 6 exemptions and I still pay a hefty amount of federal income tax. I know several people who make sub 24k a year with 3 exemptions and still pay federal income tax. Seriously think about how low the bar is set if truly half of all working americans who file taxes (another thing they left out in that article, the focus group is smaller than the country population) don't pay any federal income tax. "I'm sorry grandma but your fixed income of 10k a year is about to take a major hit cause ford thinks you aren't paying your due"
This link addresses the topics you brought up:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...ent/50676912/1

About 20% don't pay payroll taxes. The link I posted before was specific to "federal income tax." Yes, FICA and the lot are based on income but because they come from employers withholding employee income (payroll tax), they are separated from income. Income taxes are figured after FICA has been deducted.

The same USA Today link says there are people making in excess of $1 million gross income that paid no federal income taxes. This is because of the obsured amount of deductions that are available. The bulk of those that pay no federal income tax are earn below $30,000.
__________________
You are here.

Last edited by FordGT90Concept; 05-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.
FordGT90Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #118
twilyth
Senior Member
 
twilyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,750
Thanks: 7,626
Thanked 6,107 Times in 3,530 Posts
Dislikes: 165
Disliked 128 Times in 111 Posts
twilyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #119
Steevo
Senior Member
 
Steevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Thanks: 390
Thanked 1,689 Times in 940 Posts
Dislikes: 50
Disliked 52 Times in 36 Posts
Live in a multi-million dollar home and have millions in the bank and take unemployment even though you also get a severance package.


It makes my heart truly bleed for those who can't buy another new car and vacation home in the same year as their bonus was reduced by 10%, yet a family who has nothing and pays every cent they earn in necessities is being told to pay more in taxes and work harder for the same company.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
I love meat in my mouth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
I find people trying to suck on my teats wherever I go if that's what you mean.
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #120
jmcslob
Senior Member
 
jmcslob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,087
Thanks: 7,536
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,771 Posts
Dislikes: 37
Disliked 101 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilyth View Post
That makes me want some pot!
__________________
"The true scientist, however passionately he may 'believe', in evolution for example, knows exactly what would change his mind: evidence. The fundamentalist knows that nothing will."....


When life gets you down or you are so stressed you could explode just remember, sooner or later you're going to die.
jmcslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Buffett' tax would only earn $31B over 11 years TheMailMan From The News 28 04-19-2012 04:49 AM
Obama tells Iran to bend over. If you buy Iran oil, kiss US goodbye twilyth From The News 68 04-03-2012 11:54 AM
Study: Staring at Breasts Increases Heart Health SK-1 Health & Life Counseling 11 03-07-2011 08:03 PM
Why Taxing the Rich Makes Economic Sense, Even for the Rich ProgressiveTokyo Politics, Drugs & Firearms 39 11-08-2010 05:06 PM
Don't you just HATE people that enjoy having power over others? JC316 Miscellaneous 6 10-09-2009 01:53 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.