A big thank you to no-nonsense

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by Bald Eagle, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Member

It is early days yet, I have just joined the Forum, but am delightfully amazed at the poster freedom that is allowed.

I am all for it and believe in mixing with mature adults who behave like normal adults and not like restricted children or Church choir boys.

It is "expression" that determines real adults from a bunch of Convent girls. I have a good education, but have lived all my life amongst real people, from the very top to the very bottom, including the Army.

My Forum experience is vast. I have been on many Forums and never found one like No-Nonsense.

I have been warned for accidentally placing a post in the wrong section, or attempting to be my age and not a 5 year old. I have been banned for saying "bum", "shit" and "piss", plus many other minor acts of adult normality. My record has been tarnished by Angelic Mods the world over.

Where they get these clinically minded morons from, I cannot make a guess at, but they sure love their "Little Hitler" irrelevant status. I have the impression that the highest responsibility in life for these Mods is to ban some poor bugger from their Forum just for being human.

All I can say with ultimate sincerity is a BIG THANK YOU to the class Prefects who control the NN Forum. It is a rare pleasure to be with mature adults and I am looking forward to a long and pleasant stay.

Bald Eagle

2. jmcslob

jmcslob Well-Known Member

Really? That's fucking Bullshit!
    I can understand not wanting to see "Fuck this" or your a "Bag of Dicks" or whatnot in every post but its gonna happen...I can't see being banned for it though...

That is something I could say is good about TPU...the occasional "Fuck That" is ok as long as its not in every post or a constant....And here on GN as long as your not being insulting its all good....but you will find that some of us do tend to belittle each other quite often but we've been doing that to each other for years...so its kind of all good cause in the end nobody really hates anyone here...

3. Black Panther

Black Panther Ninja Moderatorâ„¢

Yes this is a very serious no-nonsense general nonsense forum.
    In fact, there is only a small list of things which can result in a warning or infraction.
    [​IMG]

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude <a title="Hi, I am an attention whore">Senior Memb

lol peanut butter sandwitches XD

PS dont forget to check out our 18+ thread

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. mtosev

mtosev Well-Known Member

nice control panel:D

6. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Member

Hey BP, ??

What's all this about an infraction for posting peanut butter sandwiches. Not me guv, I hate them, they take the froth off my lager.

7. Black Panther

Black Panther Ninja Moderatorâ„¢

It's precisely what it says. You get an infraction if you post a picture of a peanut butter sandwich. They're against the rules. We tolerate words like 'bum', 'shit' and 'piss' and you won't get infracted if you accidentally post in the wrong forum, but if you post a PB sammich all hell will break loose. (ch)

8. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Member

Unbelievable ! I am discomknockerated with amazement. After all these years of Gung-Ho, facing all kinds of shit and being a perfect arsehole to all and sundry, then here I am facing personal Armageddon at the gates of Hell and eternal damnation for posting a picture of a peanut butter sandwich.

Mamma mia!

9. MRCL

MRCL New Member

Hmmmm...

[​IMG]

But yeah GN is kind of unique in the internet. A laid back talk about everything forum where (almost) everyone respects everyone. We're a happy family.

10. theJesus

theJesus I admin in the nude Staff Member

Are we to assume that you mean to say "General Nonsense", rather than "No-Nonsense"? I only ask because I am unfamiliar with the No-Nonsense forums and am uncertain why you would praise them here on the General Nonsense forums.

However, if you do indeed mean to praise our humble little site, then I thank you. Please enjoy your stay and post often. (toast)

11. Steevo

Steevo Well-Known Member

What about if we ALSO post images of jelly, that definition of peanut butter sandwiches is unclear in that aspect.

12. theJesus

I believe it is up to moderator discretion, but here is how I would handle it:

-Peanut butter only on bread = peanut butter sandwich = infraction
    -Peanut butter and jelly on the same bread = peanut butter jelly sandwich = no infraction

13. DannibusX

DannibusX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

@ OP

GN is a good site. I used to frequently post and surf TPU, but I like this place better. TheJesus is here. And nobody fucks with TheJesus.

14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept Well-Known Member

What about peanuts and butter on bread? Will that implode the internet?

15. theJesus

Nope; it's not peanut butter.

16. FordGT90Concept

Good!
    [​IMG]
    ...needs more peanuts.

17. Jaydenz

Jaydenz Active Member

@ the OP. Holy shit! :eek: What forums did u join?
    I test forums by posting this. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  18. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle Member

I am sorry about the error. Of course I meant General Nonsense, I just got brain fixed on No-Nonsense for some unknown reason. I`ll have to cut down that 9% abv lager to half a gallon a day, see if it makes any difference.

Everything I said in my OP is about GN and I reiterate my thanks for being the only Forum not dominated by kids, Church mice and old fashioned crinoline ladies puritanical rules and regulations. If you translate my signature, you will see what I think about excessive censorship.

So as long as I don't post pictures of peanut butter sandwiches and behave like a moderately expressive dickhead, I should be OK eh ?

Peanut butter sandwiches ! Humbug.

PS - Lemme tell ya - I spent a 3 month stint in the slammer for posting this innocent cartoon and THAT Forum was All American :-
    [​IMG]

My sincere apologies to my friends in the 82nd Airborne for using the "AA" expression as terminology to describe a bunch of arseholes wrecking the pleasure of mature, adult and harmless American Forum punters.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  19. FordGT90Concept

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  20. theJesus

No worries
    I believe GN was created as a place for members of techpowerup.com to really let loose, and as such, the rules are generally very lax.
    Actually, bans are based on infraction points. When a member reaches 25 points, they become banned until some of the points expire. Posting peanut butter sandwiches only gives 1 point, which expires after 1 month. You'd have to be infracted 25 separate times within a 1-month period for that offense in order to get banned for it.