[CNN] I'm a feminist, and I converted to Islam

Discussion in 'Health & Life Counseling' started by FordGT90Concept, Oct 14, 2014.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/14/opinion/muslim-convert-irpt/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

I can't get over this part...
    So why aren't men wearing similar garments to protect themselves "from the female gaze?" I'm getting the impression Islam is best for gay men.

2. mellowsause

mellowsause Well-Known Member

crazy feminism + crazy religion = plain nuts.

3. Papahyooie

Papahyooie Active Member

Spot on. In a lot of the multitude of different versions of their culture, sex with women is for child-bearing only. If you want to have sex for pleasure, you do it with a man or boy (or goat... not being racist, it's the truth.) Pleasure from sex with a female is often considered taboo.

4. Jaydenz

Jaydenz Active Member

[​IMG]

Keeping your head covered all the time can cause heat to build up and kill brain cells. It can even cause people to fly planes into buildings... just saying.

5. FordGT90Concept

Muhammad apparently never thought humans would invent birth control.

If asked, could she identify which denomination of Islam she most identifies with?

Edit: Reading through the comments that she responded to...

Q. So how was it an arranged marriage if you picked the person?
    A. In Islam arrainging a marraige just means that there were third parties presenting you with marraige options. The choice has to be made by the man an women to be married, other wise it would be considered a forced marraige which is forbidden in Islam. Arrainged doesn't mean forced.

Q. Thank Theresa for having the courage to take questions. Can a Muslim believes in the separation of state and religion institutions without violating the notion that Islam is a way of life covering every aspect of life?
    A. Good question. If you take a look at the Indonesian (where the majority of the world's Muslims live) government you will see this very thing in play.

Q. "'Why do you wear that?', her answer was obvious and appealing: 'To please God.' To be recognized as a woman who is to be respected." So God is also looking at your private parts??? So if you do not wear you will not be respected ???? Indian women wear saree and its tradition, they are also respected as women
    A. The opposite of a claim is not always true. I promoe respect for all human beings regaurdless of dress. I don't expect to be disrespected if I remove my scarf (even though I was always made to feel like a piece of meat before I started dressing modestly). I am just trying to increase my odds of being respected.

Q. Theresa, first thanks for sharing your story and having the courage to take these questions. I think part of the problem with many of our perceptions of Islam is that we are not hearing enough outrage on the part of moderate Muslims and the Muslim leadership regarding the actions of terrorist groups like ISIS who as you say have distorted what Islam represents. This is a real problem. Their silence is disturbing. Should it continue, these terrorists will win and in time their twisted interpretation of Islam will become the norm. And then it really will be us (non-Muslims) against them... Don't you agree?
    A. Thank you for your thoughful comment. I do agree that we aren't hearing enough from Islamic scholars on these grave issues. But I lay that blame squarly at the feet of the meida who do not run the stories of all the scholars who are denouncing and holding international councils to refute them and take away the islamic legitimacy, becasue they have none.

Q. How do your "feminist ideals" mesh with being unable to worship alongside your husband in a mosque?
    A. when you know the physical act of prayer in Islam can be distracting to the man (bending over) you kinda get why women don't pray in front of men. Being in front of someone else during worship has nothing to do with status. The king can pray in the back line and the begger can be in the first.

Edit: Those are all that I could see where some information was given. The bolded ones...holy fuck she's been brainwashed! Islam really pushes the female-figure-is-sinful thing, don't they? :eek: It's like Mohammad decided that, instead of men having self-control (which is a much better virtue), make the women hide themselves.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  6. mtosev

mtosev Well-Known Member

too lazy to read the whole thing so
    is does she cover her whole face or does she just use a scarf to cover her hair?

7. remixedcat

remixedcat Skooma Addicted Admin! Staff Member

Barf to the whole thing and its sad she makes women look like meat to be beaten around due to her stupid complacency. Yuck. Brainwashed indeed. What a disgrace to females.

If your god thinks you gotta do that kinda shit to please them.... GET A NEW GOD!!!!

8. FordGT90Concept

She covers hair and neck.

9. Jaydenz

Jaydenz Active Member

Well its illegal to be gay there too so maybe Islam is only for dickless.

Only her hair and her neck and her boobs. Her mouth was too big.

I seriously doubt that any feminists will buy her article on Islam. They have an advantage that she was obviously born without... brains.

10. FordGT90Concept

I think what really irks me is...well...this:
    [​IMG]
    The places we (collectively, "the West") have more or less written off as lost cause are in violet, places in yellow have "caution" written all over them, and aqua and orange are "okay" to do business with. As proof of this, US trade partners:
    1. Canada
    2. China
    3. Mexico
    4. European Union
    5. Japan
    6. Germany
    7. United Kingdom
    8. South Korea
    9. Brazil
    10. Saudi Arabia
    11. France
    12. Taiwan
    13. Netherlands
    14. India
    15. Venezuela
    16. Italy
    And here's another image (IQ by country, darker is higher):
    [​IMG]

Sharia Law is implemented most strictly in countries with moderate intelligence and moderate players on the international stage. The trend is towards Sharia Law, not away from it. Presumably, that is because less intelligent people are having children that are more intelligent and they are drawn to Islam especially if they are uneducated in a country with medium-low wealth. In other words, as conditions improve in Africa, it will turn increasingly to Islam.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  11. mtosev

mtosev Well-Known Member

ok I find that stupid but still acceptable

however I find this totally unacceptable and extremely retarded
    [​IMG]

12. FordGT90Concept

That's a burqa and yeah, I completely agree.

13. btarunr

btarunr wiggle wiggle wiggle Staff Member

Nice, all the ugly women are auto-censored from our eyes.

14. jmcslob

jmcslob Well-Known Member

Feminism and Islam do not mix....
    The whole point of feminism is to be equal....women being equal is not a part of Islam...