How do you rate Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics, Drugs & Firearms' started by mtosev, Jan 21, 2017.

1. DannibusX

DannibusX Well-Known Member

They don't? Have they stopped developing nuclear technology? What have the people inspecting these programs released about it? Why would they be developing ballistic missiles capable of carrying a nuclear payload?

I don't think anyone is inspecting anything to do with Iran's nuclear program.

It's rather naive to assume Iran isn't just continuing on as normal, albeit funded by the United States.

FordGT90Concept likes this.
  2. DannibusX

DannibusX Well-Known Member

CNN is fake news.

The money allegedly owed to Iran was paid to victims of terror under the Clinton administration. The US owed Iran not a penny.

CNN is fake news.

3991v likes this.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept Well-Known Member

Uh, huh.

Every President from Carter to GWB declined to pay that money even though they were aware of it. Gee, I wonder why. Maybe because Iran owed that money for Iran Contra back under Carter, or giving IEDs to the terrorists in Iraq during the Bush administration, or harassing US ships during the Clinton administration?

I'd argue Iran owes USA for aiding and abetting terrorists and terror elements in Iraq. They also support Hamas and other criminal organizations around the world.

4. xkm1948

xkm1948 New Member

Obama=POS

5. jmcslob

jmcslob Well-Known Member

I'm still at a 3/5

6. FordGT90Concept

Why would it have changed? He's been out of office for a month and a half now.

7. jmcslob

jmcslob Well-Known Member

Lol right...
    A couple of his policies came into play recently... Such as the EIC delay...Etc...
    Honestly they lost more money on GE in one year than they lost in a decade on EIC fraud and yet they still blame the poor....

FordGT90Concept likes this.
  8. FordGT90Concept

The problem is there is no way to reign in international corporations. They have so many ways to evade anything that isn't a sales tax.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  9. DaMulta

DaMulta Active Member

4 out of 5....if he would of been white he would of went down as on of the great ones.

jmcslob likes this.
  10. yogurt_21

yogurt_21 Well-Known Member

fixed that for you. Obama is half white.

11. surfblaster

surfblaster New Member

4. He's way better than Donald Trump.

12. FordGT90Concept

Trump hasn't done much yet except try to rally Congress (fat chance), tried to keep bad actors out of the USA by increasing the hoops to jump through to enter the USA from select countries that harbor, sponsor, or actively fighting terrorists which liberal courts have repeatedly halted, and implement a federal hiring freeze.

Trump, right now, is shaping up to be a lot like GHWB. He did unpopular, smart things, that lead to both him only having one term and the boom of the mid-late nineties.

I'm wondering what, specifically, Obama did to deserve a 4. Remember, this is a country of over 320 million people. POTUS represents us all. Ergo, a good president must be judged by how many people he/she impacted positively. Case in point: leave the cities, Obama is loathed. How accurate am I?

Peter1986c likes this.
  13. Peter1986c

Peter1986c Artist formerly known as Chevalr1c

I guess Trump's "legacy" can only be properly evaluated in a couple years. Not now already.

14. yogurt_21

yogurt_21 Well-Known Member

you all know full well history isn't going to look back on now fondly. He might be the man we deserve right now, but he's certainly not among the great leaders of all time.

more than likely he'll bring about the change we need, mostly through forcing us to.

But I'm hoping that after he's done gutting the place, someone else will come along to properly fix things like:

Healthcare- revamped for care quality, cost, speed of service, and proper regulations without being stupid with them.

Immigration - revamped to allow for those who want to better themselves by coming here can, and those who want to exploit us can go fuck themselves.

Income Inequality - setup so that bankers and ceo's who fuck the economy are prosecuted rather than bailed out and the minimum wage no matter what it is, automatically scales with inflation so we don't keep having to reset it all the time to ensure wages match it. Also properly incentivise companies to hire american rather than shipping everything overseas.

Terrorism - use better intelligence to nab them before something happens without becoming a police state, banning all weapons of any type, or finding and detaining everyone who's brown.

Infrastructure - create regular regulated planned upgrades to technology and road infrastructure, do not go overboard one year and then put off all future bills because you "spent too much that one time"

SPACE - make use of modern tech to start practical space missions again, refund NASA, start mining contracts for the asteroid belt, use robotics, communication, and advanced rocketry to find the best way to propel things in general, but especially for escape purposes and inter-planetary movement.

if someone does that many of the other issues fall away. increased development in robotics, communication, and inner solar system fuel sources will likely take care of our enviromental problems. Better communication = more telecommuting, better robotics = less fossil fuel machines (think mining, loading, etc) better fuel sources (like the radioactive gas that powers the latest mars rover) = better transportation and less waste.

dunno, been focusing more on the positive lately. I like the possibilities available to us. I just wish Washington would stop the infighting and start the doing.

Peter1986c likes this.