Knuckle-cracking is actually good for you

Discussion in 'Health & Life Counseling' started by FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2016.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept Well-Known Member

Recon-UK and jmcslob like this.
  2. jmcslob

jmcslob Well-Known Member

I fucking knew it!
    I was told it would cause problems and have since forced myself to stop doing it....now my hands are stiff all the time...
    Thought it was from cracking them so much...

3. m4gicfour

m4gicfour Well-Known Member

I remember reading something about another doctor who spent decades cracking the knuckles on only one hand, and not the other. The result: Zero longterm difference. Of course, one person is not a representative sample, scientifically.

On the other hand, this article is the usual CNN bullshit. Auto-playing video, since everyone loves those so much that someone created a browser plugin to kill them. Anecdotal evidence, if any at all. Story-telling that has nothing to do with the actual subject. Massive extrapolation from a miniscule datapoint (increased flexibility, huh? In what way? Permanently? Temporarily? For how long, and how is this good for you, exactly?) from a study that hasn't been published or peer reviewed. Gas bubble, flash and drop in pressure... sounds a lot like Cavitation to me. Ain't no way cavitation is good for you. [grumpyoldman.gif]

[​IMG]

FordGT90Concept likes this.